Termites Be Gone: Proven Techniques For Successful Termite Control In Philadelphia
May 16, 2023
Some pest problems demonstrate why you shouldn't wait until an infestation is obvious before you act. Termites can seriously damage your property, meaning it might be too late to avoid costly repairs by the time the signs are noticeable.
Instead, you should get started on proactive pest control in Philadelphia to protect your property with regular inspections and treatments that reduce your risk of termite activity. At Harpoon Pest Solutions, we're here to help you keep your home or business safe from these destructive pests.
Learn how we can help you identify termite infestations early on before they can damage your yard or home and about our proven treatment methods that eliminate and prevent infestations.
How To Identify Signs Of Termite Activity
Again, it's better to leave it to the experts to determine whether you are at risk for termites because only trained professionals know where to look to spot the earliest signs of termite activity. Colonies tend to form outdoors and then move inside walls or other structures as they grow.
When people start spotting signs of termites, it's usually because a colony has already formed and is thriving in their yard or within their walls. To address the problem before it reaches this point, turn to pros.
That said, it's important to know what to be on the lookout for if a termite colony is already active. Keep an eye out for evidence of termite damage around your Philadelphia home, such as:
- Warped wood: As termites damage interior wood, surface woods tend to bend and buckle as their surface tension changes. Noticing wooden warping materials could signify a very active termite colony.
- Ill-fitting windows & doors: The same goes for doors and windows, which can suddenly fail to open or close easily as the walls and frames that hold them change shape.
- Frass: Termites don't crawl around out in the open it's rare to see their droppings, called frass. But look for piles of fine sawdust-like material around their feeding areas.
A professional termite inspection is the best way to ensure you're not missing these easily overlooked signs of termite activity. Contact Harpoon Pest Solutions today to get started on a thorough check of your Philadelphia property.
How Termite Infestations Start
Far too many property owners only notice termite activity once the colony has moved inside or already begun to cause serious damage. But to address an infestation before it reaches this point, you need to understand how termite colonies form in the first place.
Termite swarmers, or alates, are the only winged members of the species. Their mission is to find new mates and suitable territory close to wooden food sources for a new colony to thrive. Once they find a yard or structure to invade, they shed their wings and begin the reproduction process.
A termite inspection is crucial to prevent termite infestations, as pest experts can spot the discarded wings and mud tubes that signal a colony is forming. By turning to Harpoon Pest Solutions, you can get inspections and treatments to address termite problems before colonies can grow.
Identify And Remove Factors That Attract Termites
The friendly experts here at Harpoon Pest Solutions can advise you on ways you can make your property less attractive to termites in the first place. Some factors that are important to address around your Philadelphia property include the following:
- Wood storage: Some people store firewood or other kinds of yard debris too close to their home, inviting termites to attack these sources and then find small cracks or holes to gain entry inside.
- Soil contact: Anywhere soil touches wood, including the wood on your home, can be a spot where termites can invade. Smartly planning your flower beds away from exterior walls can be helpful.
- Moisture: Some termites specifically target damp wood, so addressing areas where moisture pools around your yard can also reduce termite activity.
Only an expert can identify all the factors around your property that might increase your risk of termites, so contact Harpoon Pest Solutions to get started on proper termite control.
Total Termite Control For Philadelphia Homeowners
Instead of aiming for termite removal, you should seek comprehensive termite control that prevents them from attacking your home in the first place. At Harpoon Pest Solutions, we aim to inspect and treat your property for termites long before they can do serious damage.
Contact us today, not just when you suspect termite activity is causing problems. We offer free inspections that help properly identify what kind of termites or other pests might threaten your yard. We also offer treatments that remove termites and shield your home from them in the longer term.
The best way to get rid of termites around your home is with services from Harpoon Pest Solutions, so contact us today to get started on protecting your Philadelphia property.