Trusted Pest Control In Wilmington, DE
Wilmington is more than the corporate capital of the world. It dates back to 1638 and boasts many stunning landmarks like the Old Town Hall, the Nemours Mansion and Gardens, and the Delaware Art Museum.
You can also learn much about its deep connections with the DuPont legacy at the Hagley Museum and Library. It offers a fascinating glimpse into the family's history and its impact on the industry. And it has a fantastic art scene and is home to the historic Grand Opera House, the Delaware Symphony Orchestra, and the Delaware Theatre Company.
However, one of the downsides of the area is the multitude of invasive pests, from ancient cockroaches to the more recent spotted lanternflies. If any of our local species have taken over your property, Harpoon Pest Solutions provides dependable pest control in Wilmington, DE.
Residential Pest Control In Wilmington
It can take more than regular maintenance to keep your home safe. Sometimes, especially during peak seasons, you may face challenging pest infestations. Some of the types known to invade Wilmington properties include the following:
- Wood-destroying insects: Carpenter ants and termites are some of the worst offenders. They can eat through the wooden structure of your home to the point of making it unsafe.
- Scavengers: Rats, mice, cockroaches, and more are known for spreading diseases and causing property destruction.
- Stinging insects: Bees and other insects can make it impossible to spend time outdoors without fear of getting stung.
- Ants: Many ants carry pathogens and can ruin your entire food supply.
- Biting pests: Bed bugs and other nuisances can ruin your sleep and cause a lot of stress to you and your loved ones.
If you have spotted these or other invaders around your home, it is time for quality residential pest control strategies. Call us today to get started with a free quote.
Commercial Pest Control In Wilmington
Many businesses are at risk of severe pest infestations. Bed bugs can damage a hotel's reputation, and no one wants to see cockroaches in medical settings. Yet, without reliable commercial pest control strategies, it is easy for these invaders to take over.
No matter the size of your business, Harpoon Pest Solutions can help. With over 20 years of experience and deep knowledge of local regulations and various pest species, we provide customized services that fit your needs and unique situation.
Call now for a free quote and to tell us about your business.
What Every Wilmington Resident Should Know About Spotted Lanternflies
Spotted lanternflies in Wilmington are a common but invasive species. Here's what you should know about them.
First, knowing how to identify them can be helpful. Spotted lanternflies are about one inch long, with grayish-brown forewings with black spots. They usually have a black head and yellow abdomen. You can also see bright red hind wings when they open their forewings.
Spotted lanternflies significantly threaten crops, like fruits and hops, because they feed on their sap and make them vulnerable to diseases. While they originally came from Asia, people started seeing them around 2014 in Pennsylvania, and they have been spreading ever since.
You will mostly see adult spotted lanternflies, especially in the summer and fall. You might find their eggs on various surfaces, such as trees and stones, which will hatch into nymphs and go through several molts before adulthood.
Preventing spotted lanternflies from taking over your property is essential. In Delaware, the Department of Agriculture has implemented measures to monitor these pests with campaigns, quarantines, and treatments when necessary.
If you are the target of a spotted lanternfly infestation, contact us as soon as possible to prevent its spread and schedule an inspection of your property.
Three Simple Steps To Keep Cockroaches In Wilmington Away
Keeping cockroaches away is essential because of the health hazards they can bring into your home. Here are three simple steps that are effective at preventing them:
- Keep your home spotless. Cleaning thoroughly after a long day can be challenging, but if you are at risk of a cockroach infestation, it is one of the best ways to avoid attracting them. Removing crumbs and spills, vacuuming and mopping, and doing the dishes are essential to preventing cockroaches.
- Eliminate leaks and clogs. Dirty water is a magnet for cockroaches, who can thrive in sewers and dirty pipes. If you have leaks or clogged drains, now is the time to fix them.
- Schedule regular inspections. If your home has been the target of a cockroach problem, you might have a more challenging time keeping them from returning. But with regular inspections, you can keep your property safe.
The best way to keep cockroaches at bay is to combine prevention practices, like cleaning your home and keeping it dry, with professional cockroach control treatments when needed. Harpoon Pest Solutions can help with strategies that are both safe and effective.
Pests can quickly spread pathogens throughout your home while also causing issues like property damage, but with help from the pros, you can keep your property safe year-round.